Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spiffy goes to the vet.

Well after all the trouble the neighbor caused by calling the Animal control on me, I was able to get help form two sources that helpedSPIF me with the cost of the visit. There was a gift of $50.00 for the x-ray, and $35.00 for part of the care. That left me with $91.24 to pay and I could only come up with $70.00, so they carried the $21.24 until I can pay it. So now to the the cause of the limping that has been getting more pronounced. Spiffy has only 15% mobility in her left front leg because she has a lot of cloudy bone around her joint. I thought she was turning 13 this May, but I was wrong she is turning 14-it was right on the bill where her date of birth is listed. This I saw just after the vet had just told me that her life expectancy is 13, I thought it was 15 and the vet said if she lived to be 15 she would be living on borrowed time for two years. This did not make me very happy, I love her so much and I hope she will be ok for a while. I know I don't want her to suffer and even though she doesn't cry or whine at all I'm afraid it will only get worse. I have to give her an antienflamitory once a day and she doesn't like it and tries to lock her jaw so I can't get the pill in. Last night she was sitting by the back door when I went to let Molley out, so it was easy to get her in. Usually she doesn't want to come in the house. Spiffy was so cute on the way to the vets. I got her into the car and put the car seat belt around her, she put her head on the dashboard to look out and half way there she sat up and ducked her head and the seat belt came off her. She rode the rest of the way looking out at all the traffic and things going by. She weighs 71 lbs. and I got her in the car ok because I had the curb working for me, but at the vets I asked Mike if he could lift her into the car. I was so surprised when he came out we were already at the car and when I turned around after opening the door Mike was holding her like a puppy, and she looked happy. The only time I was concerned was when they were leading her to the x-ray room she turned around and the look on her face said, Mom your not leaving me are you--I told her it was ok and she was coming home with me and it was ok--so she turned around and went with Mike with no problem. I was surprised because she really hasn't had alot of contact with people because she has never been sick a day in her life so other than shots when she was young and her spaying at this vets shes not been around people much. I'm very proud of her and I Love Spiffy so very much!!!

No comments: