Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Randomly spacific

This is a hard one actually. My home is in foreclosure and I am going to declare bankruptcy. I never thought that this was where I was going with my life. This is not due to my messing up with my business-This is due to a serious injury that kept me out of work in 2003 for 7 months and a series of refinancing on my home trying to regain my footing that I lost being out of work for so long. Then the final blow was being ripped off in January of this year. Six of us from the little show I show at in north county went to Quartzsite to sell in a tent at one of the larger shows. The person running the tent was someone we all trusted and that was selling at the same little show in no. county for more than a year. He lied to us and said he had 23 sellers in that tent and had 7 spaces available so the 6 of us jumped on it. Now I've been selling at craft shows for 35 years and I know if you have 100,000 people coming through a show a day you have the opportunity to make a lot of money. I sunk everything I had as a last ditch effort to make at least 5,000 and most likely a lot more. The crashing blow came when I arrived the day before the show started to set up and found that there was only 2 returning vendors and a total of 9 sellers total--that's including the 6 of us from no. county. I should have turned around and gone home right there and cut my losses. I didn't because you never know it might of worked out--It didn't. We all took a loss, I just had nothing to fall back on and I then couldn't pay any of my bills and so here I am months later and am only making enough to pay utilities, supplies, food and gas for my van, with nothing left over. No money for the mortgage and no money for all the bills (5 credit cards-3 gas cards-3 loans-1 store card and 1 shopping card). I just don't know what to do. I looked for a grant that would get me out of this and save my home and my Bills. I never wanted this to happen.

No comments: